Re: '69 MGB value for Insurance purposes?

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: '69 MGB value for Insurance purposes?
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 04:59:51 -0700
BDurgin1@aol.com wrote:

> MK1 cars, the values drop considerably, regardless of the quality of the
> restoration. This guy may have sunk his fortune in his and probably had a
> great time doing it, but it was for him, not the car's value....
>
> In my opinion, no 68 B is worth $12000.  There are too many of them.
>
> Give me a "hit" of that stuff that being passed around this group.
>
> Bruce Durgin
> 64 B

IMHO, this question started off as the insurance value of the cars.  I know
that I'll
never get out of my MGB what I put into it, if I was to sell it.  That doesn't
deter
me in restoring it at all.  "The pleasure's in the chasing and not the
apprehending."
 - Manhattan transfer

What I'm saying is that by working on this car, I've learned more than I ever
could
have by simply buying a restored MGB.  So, for the average Joe who doesn't make
his
living off restorations and can afford it, restoring a MGB is measured in
spiritual
rather than dollar rewards.
--
Michael S. Lishego