Re: MGA moments -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, car@texas.net
Subject: Re: MGA moments -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:22:08 -0500
>>> Carol <car@texas.net> 09/11/97 01:50pm >> wrote:
<snip> Bill. Driving with the top up is embarrassing, no "nears" or "sort
of's." And I don't know about Minnesota, but 40 is NOT cold! We thank God
for 40-degree weather here!  <snip>
 What's a Facet pump? If you had the hood down like you're
supposed to the hot air would flow out naturally and you wouldn't have to
pump it out... or is that a different pump? <snip>

You are right, of course.  I am ashamed that I have been driving around
this week with the top up.  Worse yet, I have left the passenger's side
screen in all week, too.  My only defense is that the weather man said that
it was sopposed to rain this week and I put the top up as a precaution.  I
live straight East of where I work so I am always driving into the sun,
too.  The top acts as a sun visor.  I also cable tied parts of the top down
so it wouldn't flap in the wind- it doesn't fit as well as it used to.
Venus is aligned with Jupiter.  The dog ate my homework.

I promise that I will say three "hail Cecils" tonight and drop the top for
the ride home.  On the other hand, I kind of like the way it looks with the
top up.  Come to think of it, I can't drop the to because I have no way to
cut the cable ties :-(

A Facet pump is one of those cheap square electronic fuel pumps.  Reliable
as rock but makes a Hell of a racket.  At the one autocross I made this
year, a person came over after my run and said, "boy it sounded like you
have real problems in the engine when it was at the starting line."  I told
him that I had a Facet pump and he said, "OK, well that explains it."   Not
so bad moving with the top down which explains why it never bother me until
this week.  When the time comes, I will probably go for one of those "pump
in a cans" that Barney and Bob find so appealing.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA in an unnatural state- top up under sunshine