Re: LBC Safety

To: Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
Subject: Re: LBC Safety
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Netters,

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Bob De Weese wrote:

=%OOn the contrary.  There have been many, many instances of accidents
=%Owhere eveyone involved was killed except those who were "thrown clear"
=%O
While I'm sure these incidents exist, I doubt that there are "many, many
instances". Especially since I hear and read every day of
examples where everyone was killed save those properly belted in. This is
especially important for children.

I wear my belts for safety, comfort and to assist in driving fast around
corners- when belted in securely, I have more precise control over the
wheel etc when I am close to breaking the tires loose on a fast turn!

I think the fact that race and other competative drivers are belted in
speaks volumes about the wisdom of proper safety restraints.

PS. I am NOT a fan of air bags as employed on US cars. They did F*all for
Diana's crew for example.

=%O
=%OBobby
=%O--
=%O                                       Bob De Weese
=%O                             Certified Professional Locksmith
=%O                                   bearlock@bigfoot.com
=%O
=%O
=%O*******************************************************************
=%O*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
=%O*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II