Re: MGA moments

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com
Subject: Re: MGA moments
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:43:22 -0500
On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 11:41:28 -0500 Bill Eastman
<william.eastman@medtronic.com> writes:

>looked at the key.  It seems that my "MGA key fob flip" had preloaded
>the key enough to make it turn enough by itself to cut power.  Turn the
>key back on and I'm out of here!  I doubt if the attendant even knew
anything
>had happened.

I think I have told this story before, so forgive me if I am repeating
myself...

When taking out a date some years ago, I pulled off the road in the MGA
for her to use a restroom while I stayed in the car.  When she came back,
I pulled on the starter several times with no start.  Since the car
normally starts on the first pull, I was befuddled.  I got out of the
car, lifted the hood to see if anything obvious was wrong.  I found
nothing and decided to try to start it again.  I climbed back into car,
with the hood still up, and immediately noticed that I had forgotten to
turn the key to the "on" position.  Without saying a word, I nonchalantly
turned on the key and started the motor with the first pull on the
starter.  I got out of the car, closed the hood, got back in the car,
then drove off.  Not only did she not realize what an idiot I was for
leaving the key off, she was very impressed by my ability to "fix" the
problem with just a quick look under the hood!

>Bob picks on MGA's (I believe that he has MGA
>envy  and compensates by driving six cylinder cars)

I disagree.  I think his problem is that his key is pre-loaded! ;-)

David Littlefield
Houston, TX