Re: MGC Motors

To: boballen@sky.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGC Motors
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 00:03:49 -0400 (EDT)
Bob,

     I pulled my 4 cylinder out of my B a couple of weeks ago. I hope some of
this helps.  Obviously, the radiator and everything in front of the motor
needs to be removed for clearance.  I pulled the motor seperately.  With the
hood(bonnet?) off I set my come along forward over the car so that both
forward and upwards pressure was applied.  That puppy came right out of
their.  Removing the transmission then required removing that back brace(I
had a floor jack supporting the front of the transmission.  With the back
brace removed, I grabbed ahold of the transmission and pulled it forwards(
put something soft down for the tailshaft to land on).  The transmission
itself only weighs approx. 90 lbs.  As for putting it back in, I plan on
putting them back into the car bolted together.  Someone mentioned that the
rear of the car should be up in the air to help with angle of removal and
insertion.  I hope this is of some help.

Tom Green
1979 MGB