Re: MGC Motors

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGC Motors
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 16:22:54 -0700
Not that this matters, or is all too safe, but when I pulled my MGB engine, I
used a
different sling.  My grandfather Used some heavy nylon rope to form a 'harness'
that
wrapped around the underside of the engine.  A second rope ran horizontally
around
the block, under the water pump and through the hole for the starter on the
rear
engine plate.  The two vertical ropes on the harness met at the come-along.
The
engine pulled without slipping, and I still have the harness for future uses.
Just
make sure your rope is heavy enough and your knots are good.
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College