Re: DCO coolant recovery system

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: DCO coolant recovery system
From: jon paschke <"birdman@lightspeed.net"@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:37:37 -0700
PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

>   Tintin and Milou tend to spit coolant on a hot day, especially after a
> hill climb.  So while fiddling in the garage one day, I decided to
> try a home-made coolant recovery system.  I plugged a length of poly-
> propylene tubing into the radiator overflow, and rigged wire cradle
> for a one-pint drinking water bottle.  I hung the bottle off the side
> of the front of the radiator.  It works better than hoped for!
> Coolant is not only discharged into the bottle, but it then gets
> sucked back up, too!  I have just a standard radiator cap from Moss.
> Now I have to find something that looks less like a bodge!

> *Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
> *A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
> *InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*
hi

i've been using your trick for quite some time and it is great for our
older cars.
i use a tuppleware(sp) container that has a cap with a pouring hole in
it-mine fits behind and alongside the rad and i think sits on part of
the frame or something-i'd have to look.
as a by product of this mod you can check your coolant level without
opening the rad cap.

jon