Re: MGB erratic start

To: Larry A Hoy <mgb.roadster@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGB erratic start
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 00:12:00 +0100
Larry A Hoy wrote:

> My car is a 1969 MGB 12v negative ground.

Thank you. That ain't always obvious, ya know.

> Some times I turn the ignition key and nothing happens (red alternator
> light goes on and dims as the key is turned to start but no click, no
> crank, nothing. Also sometimes it does click.  Most of the times it starts.
>
> I have a new Lucas rebuilt starter and solenoid.

So?

> I'm also out of ideas.  Any thoughts out there?

I'd say it's time to find a better starter/solenoid rebuilder. There's a
reason they give 90 day warranties on rebuilt stuff.

(Hi Larry!)
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"However, I must agree with Bob Allen" -- Larry Unger, Sept. 15, 1997