Re: Bad Kingpin or Swivel - how do you know ???

To: Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Bad Kingpin or Swivel - how do you know ???
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 19:40:33 EDT
On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 01:32:13 -0400 Nory@webtv.net (Nory) writes:
>     Bob wrote:
>          ....264-035    $15.95
>
>Bob,
>
>What wishbone are you looking at?  My Moss catalog shows #264-065 (not
>264-035) for $136.95
>
>-NORY

Nory,
  I am checking again in the MGB catalog, edition MGB 5.0, where I can't
find 264-035.
A-HA----found it, in the Midget catalog.  Yep, it's a big piece all
right, and expensive.  In the Ts, As and Bs, the spring pan is a separate
piece that bolts inside two wishbone wishbone arms.  Thus, if the bolt at
the lower pin comes loose and wiggles, it ovals out the ends of the
wishbone arms and it's comparitively easy and inexpensive to replace
them.  I recall, now, seeing adverts for rebuilding the Midget wishbones.
We just replace the components in the other cars.
Bob
assume that because you have found one problem, you have found