Re: True or False

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: True or False
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 17:28:40 -0600
>>>Simple cars -- simple fixes.
>>>
>>>Barney Gaylord
>>>1958 MGA with an attitude
>>
>>Barney - Have you looked at a 79B manual lately???   Simple cars, yes up to
>>1967.  Some may say even up to '69 or to '74.  But emission strangulation is
>>a huge ugly thing on a 79B.  I'd suggest that your A, and my A and B are all
>>easy to work on, but Debora has a much bigger headache.  Look in a parts
>>book - emissions on a B up to '67 was a PCV valve, and hoses - (moss items
>>2-9).  A '79 is a much different story (moss items 12-70 or so).
>>
>>Phil Bates
>
>Well, Phil... if Debra's "mechanics" don't understand her car as well as
>she does, maybe she doesn't need them! Why should she pay them by the hour
>so they can learn?!
>
>Hey... it's a thought!
>
>Carol

I'm sorry I opened the whole can of worms.  I didn't mean to say Debora
shouldn't work on her own car.  Actually I think she should.  And the first
thing I would do if I were her is get rid of all the emissions stuff, and
the single carb, and put a set of dual SU's on.  That's what I would do, but
these kinds of decisions are up to her.  I just wanted to say that Barney's
comment about the car being simple, and simple to fix is infinately more
valid for early MG's than for late ones like Debora's.  That's all.  Sorry
people read more into this.

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB