Re: enthusiasts?

To: <dresden@star.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: enthusiasts?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 97 10:00:55 -0400
Hello??? dresden@star.net

>>On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 20:45:06 -0700 pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com> writes:
>>>robert williford wrote:
>>>>
>>> they were in absolute awe that I had driven
>>the Midget that far (with the top down, naturally).  Seems the longest
>>"trip" anyone of them had made in their car was a tour to the beach
>>earlier that summer, the mind boggleing distance of 37 miles one way.
>>

>OK, here's a new useless thread idea...who's done the longest trip in a
>BL/BMC made car? (My longest about 1850 miles, between St.Pete FL and
>Bangor Maine, three times, in a Spitfire, and yes, I had problems on two of
>those three trips, but they wouldn't have been major if I hadn't been on
>the highway a thousand miles from home). But I'm sure there are some MG
>owners who could top that...let's hear 'em!
>
>Nevin

Try Midget on Skyline. 1900 miles top down (carol) all the way. Hurricane
Danny, VA Beach, Charlotte NC etc. Took 2 weeks. I once did 1200 miles in
one day. 79 or 80 Midget, I don't recall (was there an '80 Midget?),
Casper, WY to OKC (Oklahoma City) She bought it for an investment after a
ride in our 75 Midget. Then moved to OKC and went home for Xmas and asked
if I would ferry it to her new home. A couple years later, after I spent
a weekend getting it ready, her Hubby drove it to Greensville SC and blew
the engine. I don't know of the whereabouts of that car at this time but
it was white w/ black stripes on the side.

Ooops back to the thread. I now live 2200 miles from where I got the
first MG but it was trailered all of the big moves (had to drive the
Ryder) Oh well

'nuff said (Stan Lee)

Larry Macy
78 Midget