Re: enthusiasts?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: enthusiasts?
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:53:34 -0400
My $.02 on "snobs":

I have seen snobs in every walk of life, in both directions.  I have even
seen those who are snobbish about how snobbish other people are.  On the
other hand, I have seen people who are genuinely open, enjoyable, and fun
to be with.

I've concluded that they're all worthwhile, even the worst of the "snobs".
 Now I'm no Will Rodgers, but why complain about other people?

Obligatory MG content, and an example of non-snobby T-series owners.  I met
a couple at the British Car Show at the Continent.  They had painstakingly
restored a BEAUTIFUL black MG-TC ('47, I think).  You would think that they
would be pretty uptight, given that they had a Concours-competitive car.
 But it was entered in a "People's Choice" show!  And they'd DRIVEN it
there!  Nicest folks I'd met in a long time, but I didn't get their names!
 If you're on the list, e-mail me.  I have some lovely pictures of your car
that I'd like to share with you.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net
'77 Midget (Cars that tend to attract
'93 Saturn  non-snobs, but there are exceptions...)