Re: tire size

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, "robert weeks" <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: tire size
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 97 09:00:27 -0400
I have 165/70's on my Midget and have determined that the speedo is off
by 5 mph at 60mph. That is indicated 60 mph is in reality 65. This was
determined by following a Motorcycle with a calibrated speedo at (my) 60
mph. As well as measuring marked mies along the interstate for several
hundred miles. It turns out that the odometer is off by about 3miles in
100. So I drive an indicated 65 (except on the SureKill ;-) ) and still
get passed like I was standding still.

Larry Macy
78 Midget