Re: True or false new problem

To: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Subject: Re: True or false new problem
From: Debra A Morrow <kaliphi@tabletoptelephone.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 14:29:54 -0700

>  If the shifter is just jammed, there
> is a lockout selector under the shifter extension (transmission cover)
> that sometimes moves out of place.  The symptom of this is that the
> tranny itself locks up (because you go into two gears at once).
>
>                                 A. B. Bonds

It seems more like this senario when the car is off.  With the engine
on...I'll go see...
Well, now the car works.   Maybe it just wanted Sunday off... I don't trust
him though, he'll strand me in Mexico this week when I have  80 miles of
nothing to drive through.

I didn't see "lockout selector" in my book.  Does it have another name?

Debbie