Re: No play Splines

To: terry bettinger <tbett@tir.com>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: No play Splines
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 00:10:38 -0500
At 05:34 PM 9/23/97 -0400, terry bettinger wrote:
>Carol,
>    I once heard of a fellow who had loose rear splines on his midget
>from years of heavy use. To solve the problem, he laid the car on its
>side and poured hot babbit material into the worn splines filling the
>gaps and making everything tight again. I thought sense you own a
>midget, this info might come in handy if yours ever wears out.

Thanks for the tip, Terry! I may resort to it in 20 years or so when the
new wires and hubs begin to wear... on the MGA!

As Art says: Proximate, but no panatella!

No midgets here. Maybe you're thinking of Susan. She stands on her toes on
the floorboards to change out the lights on the tach face! :-)

Now, I will ask (and lordy, I hope I'm not walking into another word trap!)
what "babbit material" is...

Carol