RE: No Play Splines

To: Carol <car@texas.net>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: No Play Splines
From: terry bettinger <tbett@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:15:16 -0400
Carol,
    You are right. It was Susan. That means you probably will need help
getting that MGA to lay on its side.
Babbott is a lead mixture used in place of our bearings we place in two
halfs around the crank in predetermined thickness.  Not too long ago in
time, the babbott was heated and poured forming the bearing in place.
Model As,and Ts were assembled this way. My latest was a 1934 Olds 6
cyl.  Last summer I ran an old wood plainer with babbott bearings, 36
inches wide powered by a tractor.   Another art soon to be lost in
time.  Things keep going faster so improvements are made to allow us
more speed.  Well anyway Carol, do you get the idea?

Terry