Newbie to the list!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Newbie to the list!
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 10:24:41 -0400
Okay, how many times have you seen this thread?

I'm strongly considering getting a MGB. I'd prefer the chrome bumpers, but
if anybody could tell me a good reason why these cars are as good/superior
to the earlier MGs, let me know!

What I'm specificly looking for is:

A solid car (little/no rust)
Leather Interior
Decent running engine (miles kinda irrelevant)
5 speed manual (I _loathe_ automatics!)
A top that doesn't let *too* much water in
Heat in the winter!
Room to install my in-dash CD player

What is the typical longevity of the engine? I know that the typical
longevity of the monsters that Detroit churned out between 1960-1975 will
run well over 150k miles. How does this compare to the MG's little engine?

What should I look for when looking at a car for sale?

Are there any FAQs for MGB owners?

Thanks in advance,

BEN RUSET  - Oasis Creations
http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis