Blessed Previous Owners?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Blessed Previous Owners?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 00:48:33 +0000
With all the bad-mouthing DPOs get on this list, I thought I'd put in
a good word for the guy that owned mine previously.  I've already
posted the story about how he was driving by, recognized my car as
being previously his, and gave me the original SUs, heat shield,
manifold, linkage, and two sets of air filter covers, along with a
folder full of receipts for work/parts he had bought.  I got to
thinking about it, and realized that when I bought the car, it had
the folding top, the boot cover, the full tonneau, the jack, tonneau
bars, and bags for the two tonneaus.  About the only thing missing
was the bag for the tonneau bars, and a few minutes with the
sewing machine remedied that.  How often does this happen?  Also,
except for some bodgy wiring, I haven't really had to correct
anything he did to the car.  Now, it does have the wrong grille and
cylinder head, but both of these changes were improvements as far as
I'm concerned.
        Any other BPO stories out there?
 Scott