Re: Blessed Previous Owners?

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Blessed Previous Owners?
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:46:57 -0500
At 12:48 AM 9/29/97 +0000, you wrote:
>With all the bad-mouthing DPOs get on this list, I thought I'd put in
>a good word for the guy that owned mine previously.
..snip..
>       Any other BPO stories out there?

Scott-

I'd have to say that the previous owner of my car was also a good one.  He
was an older British gentleman - very meticulous with the parts he installed
or had installed.
So far - the only weird thing I've encountered is some speaker wire running
from one set of rear lights the other - but it looks like the lights work
fine even if the improper wire is disconnected - so I'm not sure why they
were there in the first place.

When I went to pick up the car, he had the new "Made in UK" leaf springs
carefully loaded in the boot, a box of odds and ends parts in a box, another
box with a carpet set just waiting to be installed, a new emergency brake
cable assembly,  a Haynes manual, and some spare seats broken down and
stowed in every nook and cranny.  I forgot to pick up the smog pump, air
rail, and spare tach - and to date - that's been my only complaint - that it
was forgotten when I picked up the car and he never shipped them.

So Dave - if you are still around and reading this list - how about shipping
those parts :)

Cheers,

Rich Mason
'73 MGB