RE: Origins of Cat thread (fur balls?)

To: Philip <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Subject: RE: Origins of Cat thread (fur balls?)
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 08:42:31 -0500

----------
From:   Nory[SMTP:Nory@webtv.net]
Sent:   Wednesday, October 01, 1997 8:08 AM
To:     Philip
Cc:     mgs@autox.team.net

     "named after Cecil Kimber's cat."

To continue the story:

The cat used to catch mice in the factory 'til one day, while chasing a
mouse through a metal cutting apparatus, the cat became stuck and ended
up partially skinned.  Believe it or not, the cat recovered from it's
injury, but the resulting fur on the steel triggered an idea.  Cecil's
mother saw the fur and decided it would be wasteful to just throw it
away, so she ran it through a spinning wheel and thus, the cat thread
was born.

BTW, the cat lived to a ripe old age.  When he eventually passed on,
Cecil's mother, eager for more cat thread, completely skinned him with a
paring knife.=20

So, you see, Cecil's cat not only resulted in the cat thread, but was
also instrumental in proving that there is, in fact, more than one way
to skin a cat.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.
=20
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort
 '89 Ford Probe
 '96 North American Shepherd

Geeze, what a catastrophe!  I am left nearly catatonic at the very =
thought . Perhaps if I were to catalog my symptoms there could be some =
catharsis. Was this thread perchance the source of all those fuzzy door =
seals on MGs?=20
=20