Re: Updated British parts 4 sale list

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Updated British parts 4 sale list
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 21:30:47 -0400
Kai Radicke wrote:
> OK I may sound a bit like Trevor now...

  How did I get dragged into this? ;>

  Actually I don't mind the advertising, although
I am a member of the autojumble list so that makes
me biased. I explicitly signed up for it, so of
course I don't mind.

  Whenever I have complaints, they are mostly centered
around threads with really limited appeal. In a nutshell,
the problem I see is when somebody is bothering
hundreds of people with email that is really
only of use or interest to a few.

  For example, I don't mind when somebody posts
a joke, even if it really isn't LBC related. If it's
truly funny, I don't think anybody minds reading
it.

  It only really bothers me when something is
so non-LBC that nobody cares or when two or three
people keep chatting about something (like Frank
Zappa) for dozens of posts when it really should
be taken to email.

  But no need to open that can of worms again.

  I think MG parts for sale are of interest to
us all, unless there is somebody out there that
doesn't need any parts at all? ;>

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada