Re: Updated British parts 4 sale list

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Updated British parts 4 sale list
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 06:56:01 -0400
Well this isn't the point I was trying to make...

> Chris, I agree,
>
> It is one thing for a commercial dealer to list his parts for sale in
here.
> Especially if he lists them over and over.  I have no problem with
someone
> trying to clean out their garage around here.

I don't mind the advertising but I do mind when it gets excessive.  In my
opinion sending "updates" to the list every time a few of his items get
sold is a bit over doing it.  If someone sends a post to the list like "MGB
Decklid forsale" that is fine, it is only one item.  But Mr. Marousky had
TR6 and MG parts in his list, and he a good amount of parts listed in his
email.

All I was trying to do is make it aware to everyone that there is a list
intended for selling your items, that list being the Autojumble list.

> Isn't the point of this list to help each other out.  I think offering
some good
> parts that some of us need, while making the room (and the money) to
restore a
> car is as valid a reason to post as any.

OK then another thing he could have is post to the list saying he had some
MGB and TR6 parts forsale with a note saying "email me for the list of
parts".  And then he could have sent them to anyone that was interested
personally.

Or he could setup a free webpage on GeoCities, and have his inventory list
there...and then all he would have to do is post the URL to the list.  That
would have been fine.

The thing that I resent is that he posted the message twice (that I
received) to the list, with updates on what he had sold.

> One man's opinion
> Patton

Cheers,

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)