Re: Rotary MG

To: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rotary MG
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 09:39:27 -0400
At 10:10 PM 10/2/97 -0800, Andy Ramm wrote:
>Anyone considering this would be btter off looking at the 13B variant of
>the Mazda Wankel from a later RX7, after 1984 or something.  It has more
>power.  I had a 13B in my 1976 RX4 when I was 17.  That sucker would really
>move!

The 13b was first available on the RX-7 between 84-85 on the GSL-SE. These
cars are rare, so unless you find one in the junkyard, I wouldn't mess with
it.

You can find a 13b in any year from 86-96, however the newer ones (eg:
92-96) often develop problems. Find a 86 RX-7 SE and cut it up.

I like the 12a because it's smaller, and easier to get parts for! =)
Besides, I don't want to put an MG in orbit by throwing in a twin turbo 13B
- although it would be a hellva ride!

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
"Up the airy mountain,
 Down the rushy glen,