Workshop Manual Instructions

To: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Subject: Workshop Manual Instructions
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 16:22:08 -0400
Dear A. B.,

Oh most revered one - with whom I most heartily agree when it comes to
reading the hallowed workshop manual......I am distressed.  I dashed to
my shop worn copy (factory manual) and could find not the slightest
reference to soaking the pilot bearing in oil prior to inserting it in
the end of the crankshaft.  Tell me my lookup procedure is faulty, tell
me I need new glasses, tell me to.....wait a minute - don't tell me to
do that!

Seriously, are we talking here about a standard machine shop practice
that garage mechanics should just "know", or is this just esoteric
nonsense?

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/