Re: Picklestein-Clutched in fear or simply clutched!

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Picklestein-Clutched in fear or simply clutched!
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 20:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
        Does the car roll in neutral? If a clutch sits for a while it can
bind itself to the flywheel but I doubt that this is your problem. THere
are several ways to free it if this were the case. You might want to jack
up the rear of the car and see if you can start it in gear. This may shake
things loose.
...Art

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997 Teacher122@aol.com wrote:

>     The clutch problem continues to haunt Picklestein-actually I believe it
> is revenge Hoodoo from Adrian Jones.  I repent! I repent!
>      I  took George Merryweather's advice and tried to operate the clutch
> manually.  While I "depressed" the clutch with a piece of pipe, my SO was
> unable to put it into gear when the engine was running.  This rules out the
5Ft> hydraulic system.  Either I messed something up when I replaced all
of the