Re: SB42

To: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Subject: Re: SB42
From: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 19:31:19 -0700
Bill Harkins wrote:

> I respectfully disagree that political commentlary  is "bad for the
> list" as
> it relates to our cars. After all, I for one, enjoyed the cat thread
> too,
> but it was hard to get the LBC connection! :-)
>
> Bill Harkins
> Fallbrook, CA

I agree 100%,Bill. IF we get legislated to death we won't have any cars
to drive and write about on this list.I know there are some who feel the
list should just be for mechanicle questios and answers and that is OK
but knowing what they have up their sleeves that will effect the future
if our hobby is just as if not more important.Now don't say "it won't
happen" Just lay down and if you are old enough go back 30 years and
pretnd you are telling some one then what hoops we have to jump through
today to have "the priviledge" of driving our cars and I'll bet they
wouldn't believe you.I honestly do believe there is an anti-car lobby
that would like nothing more than reducing automobile use to the bare
minimum, and that means us!I would suggest that all responses to threads
keep the same heading so those that aren't interested cal skip it but
lets not police the list.
Pat