Re: Tubeless tires on TD wheels?

To: ahrendt@atla3.agfa.com
Subject: Re: Tubeless tires on TD wheels?
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:31:34 EDT
Hi Dave(s),
  What is it that is different about the bead of tubeless and tube-type
tires? Did Detroit provide a different wheel when tubeless tires became
standard?  Is the rim of an MGB wire wheel different from that for the
disk wheel where the tire bead contacts?
  Carol, in Texas, runs tubeless tires on her wires, albeit with some
silicone on the nipples, and she cheerfully admits it.
  If you can find out the name of this outfit in CA, I would be
interested to learn what it is that they do.
TIA
Bob