18V head studs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 18V head studs
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 15:54:02 -0400
Hello again.

As one or two of you may remember, I'm in the midst of rebuilding my '74
B.  I've had to put the car aside for a few days when things became
hectic around the house, and then had to work three shifts on the
weekend.  However, next week is vacation, and (God bless her) my wife
suggested I use that time to get my engine put together.  No, I haven't
done anything to deserve her, and both of her sisters are already
married.

Nontheless.  As I ponder the studs pointing gracefully from the top of
my block towards the sky, I wonder if they're still the same length they
were when they last left the Isles.  That is to say, do these things
stretch and need they be replaced at every rebuild?

Again, thanks.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - resting peacefully in the intensive care unit.

BTW, thanks for the replies to my thoughts about getting an MG 1100.  As
much as I liked the car, it looks like there are darn few that haven't
rusted down to nothing, and for that reason, parts are not very
available.  Back to the drawing board.  Maybe it's time for a second
look at that '69 Fairlane down the street...