Re: 18V head studs

To: Matt.Kulka@hboc.com
Subject: Re: 18V head studs
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 06:52:08 EDT
Hi Matt,
  The studs can, and do, stretch.  In the perfect world, everyone would
replace the studs every time the head is removed.  In our world, most
seem to replace the studs about every third time.
  When studs stretch, they get thinner in the center. How much, I don't
know, but you might use a micrometer to see what variation you find in
yours.  Studs are sometimes available locally, if you can't wait for an
order.
  What a saint your wife and her sisters must be. Maybe you could tell
the guys about her cousins, aunts, etc.  Don't copy me on that, I have a
beatification-qualified one myself.
Bob