Re: tree huggers

To: William Killeffer <wkilleff@moccasun.utc.edu>
Subject: Re: tree huggers
From: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:33:31 -0400
William Killeffer wrote:

> Tree huggers get on my nerves in the worst way. Why can't they go out, hug
> some trees, and let the rest of us do the things we want to? I plan to own
> many classic cars, but if I'm not allowed to drive them, then where's the
> fun? What's worse is that many of these envirionmentalist wackoo groups
> want to make car ownership of this type illegal because they may pollute a
> little more than newer cars. I just want to say "SO WHAT!!" and lock 'em
> in a non-ventilated garage with a locked and running '59 Cadillac. If
> you're classic car is running right, it will pollute little more than a
> properly tuned modern car. I don't want some statist, Earth First pinko
> telling me I can't drive my MG (obligatory LBC content) because it's
> polluting the air, using up natural resources or any of the other weak
> excuses they use to try and limit individual freedom. Whew. Anyway, just
> keep all this in mind when making donations to any envirionmentalist group
> or when voting for liberal candidates. Look hard for their hidden agendas.
> If I have offended any statist, Earth First envirionmentalist wackoos, I'm
> not sorry!
> -Bill-
> Searchin' for that perfect LBC, that may be illegal to drive after it is
> purchased. (1961-78 Midget or Spitfire)

Whew, Bill. I'm glad you got that off your chest so we can go out and
drive our cars. I cherish the freedom this country affords me and my
family and take issue with any one or group who feels they know better
than I what is best for my family and my car (LBC).

I guess you are a good Replublican.....me too.

Have a super day!
steve
52 TD