Re: tree huggers

To: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Subject: Re: tree huggers
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:44:18 -0400
Steven Tritle wrote:
> I cherish the freedom this country affords me and my
> family and take issue with any one or group who feels they know better
> than I what is best for my family and my car (LBC).

  I think that's the key point that most environmentalists
are trying to make. Too many people make decisions on
"what is best for my family and my car" without thinking
of bigger things like the earth and humanity itself.

  I can say without doubt that it would be best for
my family and my car if I broke into everyone's house
and stole all their valuables to pad my bank account. Can
I use this same logic to say that I'll be damned if
the police try to tell me they know what is best for
my family and my bank account?

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada