Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...
From: shidis@netcom.ca
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 14:03:37 -0400 (EDT)
On 10/16/97 06:57:44 you wrote:

>Trevor,Trevor,Trevor...There you go again!"Quality people"!!??
>Just who ARE these quality people,Trevor? People who agree with you?
>I think everyone except one on this list is a "quality person"I can go
>through the daily postings in about 10 minutes I just don't read post
>I'm not interested in if some one is asking about A bushings I don't
>have an A so I skip it...Duh can't you do the same?I have followed some
>threads and couldn't wait to get home to see how they are going.If you
>time is so important why do you waste your valuble time here?No one is
>forcing you to be here and no one is selling you anything IT IS FREE!!
>The stupid analogy of having to buy Fiat engine to get brake pads is
>ridiculous.A lot of information can be gleaned from the list and there
>is some silliness too but thats what makes it interesting.My advice to
>all would be keep the name of the thread the same so if someone is not
>interested they can simply skip it.If someone starts a non LBC thread
>and people keep it going then there is an interest in the topic and we
>should be allowed to read it if ther is no interest the thread will die
>on it's own and simply disappear.So Trevor take the corn cob out of your
>ass and enjoy the list for what it  is .....God I hope all Canadians
>aren't like you.
>Pat

Pat.

    your comments on right on. I have been a member of this group for about 1
year and read all the postings when I'm subscribed. I have my own business
(other than automotive) and don't always have time for following the postings,
so I simply sign off until time allows me to subscribe again.
        I can't say that I am always impressed with the strings and there
contents, but everybody is entitled to pursue their interests and and offer
their thoughts.
        As a Canadian I can assure you that most of us subscribe to freedom of
speech, print, etc. etc., and frankly if I have the time, I enjoy all info that
relates to the hobby, regardless of whether it's cars, parts, etc. for sale or
people needing assistance, advice or information.
        If this list did not respond to all of it's members interests,
needs,etc., then it would not be much, in my estimation, in support of the
hobby.
        I tend not to respond to the various strings, but rather directly to
the individual with a question. Having 2 MGB's (1965 & 1969) that are ground up
restorations I feel I can offer something in assistance from time to time.
        So for you, accolades on being right on the mark with your comments and
no, we Canadian members are not all the same.
        All of us enjoy the hobby, most of us enjoy the members of the list and
their contributions no matter what they might be and unfortunately a very small
minority live in their own little world.

                                                                Don Ainsworth