First MG

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: First MG
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 22:01:31 +0000
Couple of weeks back I mentioned to a friend that an auction for the
First MG sold in the US was coming up soon in Pennsylvania. Told him to
pass the word along to a fervent MG fan in my chapter somewhat jokingly.
Well, word got passed and today at a club gathering, I was shown photos
of this members latest purchase.
Yes, he outlasted everyone and I was looking at the 1929 MG-M Type Ford
brought to the US!
There was another tale he told of the last MG, a B that was the last one
sold to Ford as well. Seems the buyer, previously a Non MG type, was
taking it home on the Penn Turnpike, it caught fire, and burned up
completely! Sadly, help did not arrive in time.

I believe a full story with pictures is planned for the TSO.
Sidebar: Upon lifting out the original spare, he came across a complete
toolkit for the car!

Cheers,
Dave Houser