1500 Bottom end rebuild

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1500 Bottom end rebuild
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 19:28:30 -0400
Hi Folks,
        The big end bearings and bolts are on order.  The waiting is the
worst.
I've removed and dismantled the oil pump.  Neato, eh!  The pump seems to =
be
in spec, that is if it is a typo in the Haynes manual when it refers to t=
he
rotors end float.  They say 0.0004".  Surely they mean 0.004.

They recommend priming the pump after refitting.  How, pray, does one do
that?  Remember I'm on my back under the car doing this.  Assembly lube
would also be good on the pump internals before assembly, right?  Can I
refit the pump now? - it's going to take about 5 days before the bearings=

arrive and I crank the sucker up.  Would the assembly lube remain in plac=
for a week?

Wow, if this works I can tell the wife what I've done and be a big hero.

Thanks, as always,  Adrian