Re: 1500 Bottom end rebuild

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>, MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Bottom end rebuild
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:05:45 -0500
At 11:10 PM 10/22/97 -0400, Adrian Jones wrote:

[Snippage]

>        So, my question is - does anyone know where I may obtain bolts for
>the big end bearing caps for a 1500 Midget?  VB does not list them.   I've
>tried all of the  "nut and bolt" places here in Raleigh, NC - you can
>imagine the response.

Adrian,

Did  you "call" those guys, or did you take a like part in for them to look
at?? My experience with the nuts/bolts guys around here is that if they can
SEE what you need, they don't laugh as loudly...! If you call and say 'MG'
they immediately get into a mind-set that "we don't have no Brit car parts
here!" Or they say "a WHAT??!"

I don't know about Raleigh, NC, but here in San Antonio there are only two
nut/bolt/screw places and they're both huge. Most of the time they don't
even charge me for the items... costs more to write the ticket than to give
me the parts!

Maybe try again??

Carol