[No MG] RE: Pardon the blasphemy

To: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>,
Subject: [No MG] RE: Pardon the blasphemy
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:40:25 -0500
At 09:55 AM 10/22/97 -0700, REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER wrote:

>Why would you want to lock the doors on a convertible? I've never used the
>door locks on my B especially when I park in a bad area. You're just asking
>for someone to cut your $500 canvas top. Let them get in and look around.

Sort of reminds me of my ditzy neighbor across the street... she buys this
really neat house. After a year she decides that the long oval
stained-glass window is a "security risk" and has burglar bars put over
it...looks like the devil, and stained glass is a deterrent in itself
anyway. BUT... right next to the door is a plain-jane window -- no screen,
no burglar bars, no alarm system... easy entry.

My philosophy.. if they want in, they'll get in! Plain and simple. Slowin'
them down is the best deterrent to an intelligent thief. I have gotten to
where I don't even lock my house unless I'm in it. Roadsters/convertibles
may be at less of a risk than we think, especially if there is nothing more
than a kleenex box visible from the outside. But I guess that applies to
all cars, unless the thief wants it for parts....

Carol