Re: engine considerations

To: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: engine considerations
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 07:48:49 -0700
Nina:

Is the crack in the block, or the cyl head? Blocks usually dont crack.
The balancing is done by good machine shops when they do the other machine
work. The crank,flywheel, clutch cover etc. is balanced dynamicaly. THen
the pistons are balanced to the same weight. The Con rods are balanced to
the lightest one, and then balanced end for end.So that the small ends are
the same, and the big ends are the same. You could talk to Hillary Reddy in
Kensington about the whole procedure. Or I will discuss it with you further
if you like.

Cheers: