'69 Brake Job

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '69 Brake Job
From: KYBP79A@prodigy.com (MR DAN C HENSON)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:42:45, -0500
-- [ From: Dan Henson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

  OK fellow listers, it is time to replace brake pads on my '69 'B
roadster.  I want to do it right and also replace the rotors or have
them turned but I cannot figure how to get them off!  The manual refers
to a split pin but I have what appears to be a grease cap with a
threaded stud sticking out about 1/2".  How do I get to the famous
castellated nut?

  And also is there a generic brake bleeder screw that the local auto
shop would have?  Mine are badly rounded and in need of replacement.
Why are they made of such soft metal anyway?

   Thanks, Dan in NC