I hate it when that happens !!!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I hate it when that happens !!!!
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 08:16:23 -0600 (CST)
So there I was minding my own business just picking up some litter on
the front lawn (you know the occassional paper cup, beer can and empty
cigarette pack some jerk tosses out the window of his car as he/she
passes your home) when suddenly a fellow stops and begins admiring my
MGs and Austin. He starts telling me about a 77 B in his garage, how
he's 63 and wife had stroke, dah dah dee dah dah dum.... Looking to
sell. Asking price was very reasonable so I told him I'd give a look
and see if I can find a buyer amoung my MG world associates. Two hours
later I'm looking at a not to shabby (even with Earle Shiebe red paint
job) roadster. Told him I'd look for a worthy enthusiast to relief him
of the car when he said "what would pay me for it for ourself?". After
I explained that I wasn't interested but could not leave it there if I
could have it for .......(I ain't saying but it's about what a decent
hardtop would go for and it has one of them too), he said something
that really pissed me off, "it's your's". Pick up scheduled for
tomorrow A.M., it has some weber carb float woos and fuel pump problems
but other than that it will be on the road by week's end. Seems that I
always end up with a red hardtop to get me thru the winter and safe on
wear and tear on the 75. Last year it was a 66 B and the year before
another 77 B.  I know many of you are saying "I hate that David
Deutsch"  but hey! you want stuff like this to happen to you then move
to a higher visiblity traffic area and have our car(s) outside.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch