RE: First MG

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: First MG
From: Alan Pfau <apfau@ismi.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 23:16:50 -0600

----------
From:   KILE, PAUL D[SMTP:Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com]
Sent:   Monday, October 20, 1997 4:04 PM
To:     'mgs@autox.team.net'

Dave Houser wrote about the first and last MGs sold in the US, and the
sad story that the last MG burned up on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

I'll bet the car burned up because either the fuel flex lines or the
inertial cutoff valve leaked, causing the fire.
<snip>
Safety Fast,
Paul Kile

I'll bet Pauls' right on this...I don't know that this is the case here but
I learned a long time ago not to jump into a newly purchased car, no matter
how nice, and take off down the highway for home. I've known two club
members who have done just that. One bought a beautiful Auburn Boattail
speedster and wound up stranded with brakes that overheated to the point of
siezing up and burning the paint off the rear drums and another who
destroyed his XK-120 engine but running with way to little oil in it. I
say, avoid the temptation, and trailor that beauty home and give it a good
going over before hitting the rode. We have all heard our DPO stories here.

Best Regards
apfau@ismi.net
TC, TD, TF, B-GT-V8