Re: MGB Roadster?

To: chris@thames-language.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: MGB Roadster?
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 10:48:20 EST
On Sat, 1 Nov 1997 10:12:25 +0000 Chris Davies
<chris@thames-language.demon.co.uk> writes:
>        Hello again,
>
>                I really only wondered if it was possible to take an
>MGB
>Roadster bodyshell and use the parts from a GT. If you cut the roof
>off
>a monocoque car it would probably snap in half! Insurance companies
>wouldn't touch it, at least not without an engineer's report to say
>thecar was structurally sound. That said, I did see an advert for an MGB
>2+2 convertible in a car adverts paper a couple of months ago. I
>thought
>it would look horrendous!
>Cheers,
>        Chris Davies

Chris,
Bear in mind that the GT was concieved and buils AFTER the roadster thus
it is really only a roadster with a roof - and as such has the same body
integrity as the convertible - however - IMHO if someone wants a
roadster,
buy a bloody roadster and leave the GT roofs UP!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster