Re: MGB Roadster?

To: miker15@juno.com, chris@thames-language.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: MGB Roadster?
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:28:57 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-03 13:26:52 EST, miker15@juno.com writes:

<< On Sat, 1 Nov 1997 10:12:25 +0000 Chris Davies
 <chris@thames-language.demon.co.uk> writes:
 >        Hello again,
 >
 >                I really only wondered if it was possible to take an
 >MGB
 >Roadster bodyshell and use the parts from a GT. If you cut the roof
 >off
 >a monocoque car it would probably snap in half! Insurance companies
 >wouldn't touch it, at least not without an engineer's report to say
 >thecar was structurally sound. That said, I did see an advert for an MGB
 >2+2 convertible in a car adverts paper a couple of months ago. I
 >thought
 >it would look horrendous!
 >Cheers,
 >        Chris Davies

 Chris,
 Bear in mind that the GT was concieved and buils AFTER the roadster thus
 it is really only a roadster with a roof - and as such has the same body
 integrity as the convertible - however - IMHO if someone wants a
 roadster,
 buy a bloody roadster and leave the GT roofs UP!!

 mike robson
 69 roadster
 70 BGT
 72 roadster

                               If that were the case, you could just take a
cutting implement accross the top of your windscreen and around the back of
the cockpit - remove all the overhead steel - and the remaining car would be
just as sound as a Roadster/Convertible - right???  I would really enjoy
knowing how many of the listers would be willing to take a ride in said
vehicle.   That being said, IMHO you are correct - go "buy a bloody [would
not be] roadster..."

Regards,

         Ed