Re: Seats

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seats
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 11:01:43 -0500
Ben-

You may want to think about this one a bit more.  The early seats were
smaller, and less supportive than the later type.  Additionally, to adjust
the incline you were required to remove a couple of bolts - no adjust
mechanisim like later B's.  There are several firms that offer leather seat
kits for the later cars.  Re-covering B seats with one of these kits is a
very easy DIY job.

As for the headrests - I can go either way.  They aren't there for comfort,
but safety.  If you're ever re-ended they are intended to minimize whiplash
type injuries.  However, I agree that looks are improved without.  If you
really don't want them, I would suggest taking them off, but keeping the
newer style seats.

FWIW-

Best Regards,

Chris