RE: gudgeon pins - etc.

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: gudgeon pins - etc.
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 07:26:47 -0500
On 10/31/97 4:54 PM so and so  A. B. Bonds said. (And I quote)

>In <345A4FEA.7AB9A644@empirenet.com>, Gregory Kirk wrote:
>
>>As an aside, does any one know what the best quartermile time for an LBC
>>is?
>>
>Thursday, I believe.
>                               A. B. Bonds

>It wasn't a Thursday But I think around 760mph for a measured mile. If
>you divide by 4 (for a quarter mile) 190. Well that probably does not
>count as it was not a standing start.
>

>Larry Macy
>78 Midget

Larry -

Sorry, the Thrust SSC doesn't count as an "LBC" unless you figure the "L"
stands for LONG.  <grin>

Seriously, at 760mph, the 1/4 mile time (for the "average" quarter mile
during the run) would be 1.18421 seconds.  True, it's not a standing-start
drag, but it's still pretty darned quick!