Re: Its Running / Just not Well :(

To: Wake@csolution.com
Subject: Re: Its Running / Just not Well :(
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:44:55 -0800
Wake@csolution.com wrote:

> The problem is that when I accelerate the throttle, the car wants to
> die.  If I stand by the carbs and accelerate the throttle linkage
> rapidly, a fair amount of gas is spit back out the air intake.  I also
> put the car on the road just to see how she would run.  It didn't have
> enough power to "get out of its own way".    I couldn't get over about
> 35 mph and "crawled" up the tiniest hills.

Try kicking your distributor ahead a few degrees.  Yes, go ahead and turn it a
little.  That was one of the problems on my '74 when I yanked the SU's to put
on a
Weber.  If that doesn't work, take some steps to identify an intake leak.
Check
between the block and intake and in between the carbs and intake.  That's my
only and
best advice...Good luck!

WANTED:  Used (but not tested) MGB rollbar.  I will pay shipping.  Please reply
to me
directly.
--
Michael S. Lishego