Re:MGA parts compatability questions

To: mike.cousins@wsnelson.com
Subject: Re:MGA parts compatability questions
From: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 18:43:46 -0800
        Here is what I know about MGA's:

<copied>
>Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:32:11 -0600
>From: Mike Cousins <mike.cousins@wsnelson.com>
>Subject: MGA parts compatability questions
>
>Here's the deal -  I have 2 MGA's - a 1955 1500 and a 1962 1600 MKII.
>I'm trying to restore the 1955 1500 because it is complete.  The 1962
>1600 MKII is completely disassembled and the body is badly rusted,
>however, there are some good pieces in the pile (doors, hood, fenders,
>etc...).
>
>Here's my question(s) :
>Can I use the fenders off of the 62 1600 MKII on the 55 1500 ????  were
>there any body changes that would make them not fit ?

**answer**
Yes and No! The tail lights are different, You would have to drill mounting
holes in the MK11 fender to use the 1500 tail lights but the fender to body
bolts should be he same.

>Can I use the doors from the 62 on the 55 ????
**answer**
Yes

>Can I use other parts - hood, trunk, etc.... from the 62 on the 55 ????

**answer**
Hood was slightly changed, the amount of curvature was increased to give more
room for the Twin-Cam engine, all subsequent hoods (bonnets) were the "bulgier"
style... Barely noticable unless you put them side-by-side. Run a tape measure
from back to front, the difference is in fractions of an inch. There are some
slight differences in the bracing and support rod also. The body (hood
surround)
should be the same... Trunk lid (boot lid) should be the same.

>Thanks !
>
>Michael J. Cousins III
>
>Work Address:  mike.cousins@wsnelson.com
>Home Address: mciii@ix.netcom.com