Re: List subject matter

To: RossOvercash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: List subject matter
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 19:03:00 -0800
RossOvercash wrote:

> Susan,
>
> I have generally felt that this is the direction the list has been taking
> and I too would like it to continue.  You are absolutely correct, club
> meetings are social activities and there is usually much more going on than
> pure discussion about cars.  This list is also a form of social activity and
> it should remain as such..

I hate to jump on the bandwagon with a "me too!" but I agree with these folks.
It's
nice to see some personality on the list.  If we simply talked about cars, and
cut
any emotion from our postings, it would defeat the purpose of owning the cars.
I've
never met an MG owner who simply wanted to talk tech all the time.  Most people
want
to chat about the time they were on a trip in fog and the lights went out,
etc...
I'm sure I'm probably one of the biggest perpetrators of non-tech talk on the
list,
but as long as there are people that will listen to it, the jokes from the
peanut
gallery will probably continue.  Anyway, that's my .02, FWIW.

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College