Re: Edsel

To: "David Knowles" <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>, <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Subject: Re: Edsel
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 97 11:35:34 -0500
On 11/17/97 4:59 AM so and so  David Knowles said. (And I quote)

>Philip Raby and Paul Hunt raised the issue of the Edsel grille:

>From: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
>Subject: Re: BL was: Brits Believe in Peter Pan/Queer Child Bashing

>>> I think the grille was commonly referred to as a "Horse collar" or
>"An
>>Oldsmobile
>>> sucking a lemon."
>>
>>Nope, I don't think that is what Paul had in mind.
>
>OK, so tell us then, what DID Paul have in mind???
>

>Philip Raby
>Editor, MG World
>PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
>Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
>www.chp.ltd.uk<<<<
>

>Philip, there is no delicate way to describe this. The Edsel grille has
>been identified by psychologists (mostly male I guess) as resembling a
>vagina.
Hey Hey Hey
I am not a psychologist but I support them. I never saw an Edsel I'
didn't like.
And I never heard them say anything about the female anatomy ('cept for
anal retentive types.)

Larry

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu