Re: Exercize

To: Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
Subject: Re: Exercize
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 23:23:15 -0800
Tom Buchanan wrote:

> A little exercize for you listers. If you were going to take a 3000 mile
> trip in your MGB, what parts would you take with you???
> Tom Buchanan

Without sounding like everybody else, I would take, in no particular order:
1 new/rebuilt starter
1 new/rebuilt alternator
1 toolbox, fully stocked
1 soldering iron, solder, and shrink wrap
1 extension cord
1 multi-tester
1 distributor with new points, condensor, rotor, and cap
1 tube of radiator stop-leak
oil, depending on current consumption
1 throttle cable
2 rear wheel cylinders
1 slave cylinder
brake/ clutch fluid
1 pair of Rosary Beads

Before I took a 3,000 mile trip, I'd replace dist. cap, rotor, plugs, and plug
wires
the week before, along with an oil change.  That way I could run the car to see
if
there are any problems with the new stuff.  Change radiator fluid, and flush.
The
brakes and clutch would have to be in good condition, or I'd rebuild what
needed
fixed.  Of course, any obvious problems would be fixed the week before, ie; no
headlights.  But, that's what I'd take, just cuz' I'm a worry wort.
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College