Children's Book Update...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Children's Book Update...
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:12:23 -0800
Hello all,
        Thanks to those folks who inquired about the status of my childrens
book,
which includes Kim from NAMGBR, who is interested in doing a write-up about the
book
and how MG's influenced it's production!  As I have told anyone who asked, the
process for producing a homemade book is long.  After my master copy was
finished, I
had color copies made, I just got done laminating them all, and tomorrow I take
them
to be bound.  For anyone who is interested in a homemade copy, here's the price
breakdown:  Color copies for one book - $20, Lamination - $5, Binding - $2,
Shipping
- $5.  So, I'd have to charge about $40, just to cover my time.  Of course, the
book
would be autographed, and personalized, if you'd like.  However, there's an
option
that might be more appealing to most listers.  I spoke with a woman from a
printing
press in the Albemarle area tonight, and she's interested in the book when the
second
version is finished!  So, you might be able to purchase a _real_ book for much
less
than I can produce one for.  As usual, I'll keep the list posted as I know
more.  If
you're interested in an "original" book, let me know, but if demand is too
high, I
might not be able to pull it off...The Education department is nice enough to
let me
use their laminator for a flat rate of $5 per book, as opposed to Mail Boxes
etc.
which charges $2 per page!  Thanks for your support, and the people who
supplied
pictures that I used will have their books shortly.  Thanks again!

P.S. - The Book is 32 color pages and features such cars as: A-H Bugeye, Chevy
Corvette S-Ray, Delorean, Jenson Interceptor, E-type Jag, Lotus Elite, MGB, MG
NA, MG
Q-Type, TR 3A, VW Beetle, MG WA, XK 120, MG Y-Type and many other surprises...
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College